Maya Bay, Kho Phi Phi Leh, Thailand -- Setting of "The Beach"

What is this all about?

Simply put, I am an insatiable traveler. I am also a linguist and a photographer, and I photo-journalize my travel adventures and major life-happenings. This blog is as much for me as it is for my readers, as I love to reflect on the places I've been, the people I've met, and the incredible things I've learned over the years. I am blessed to be able to travel the world, and I strive to inspire and encourage others to do the same!

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bienvenidas a Nicaragua!

I am having the privilege of traveling to one of my favorite corners of the world with not one, not two, not even three, but 5 amazing girlfriends from Bozeman. My friends Jolee and JoLin decided to make a trip to Nicaragua, and we kept adding on until there was a total of 6 girls going.

So now we are here, down in San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua enjoying the 90 degree weather while its freezing back home. Yesterday was one of the most perfect days, we all went sailing to an isolated beach on a catamaran. Rum drinks and beer were unlimited, fresh fruit was passed around, and we even had several dolphins come swim with boat, right in front of us. Not to mention the ceviche, guacamole and salsa, free time to swim or hang on the boat, and smooth sailing back to port during sunset. It was incredible, and that's an understatement.

Today we visited a nearby beach- Playa Hermosa where some of the girls had a go at surfing and the rest of us held down the beach. A little ceviche, a few monkeys later, and a ride home, we are enjoying the sunset from our balcony. You could say we are completely enjoying ourselves and the company of our friends. La vida es buena..















No comments:

Post a Comment